Sunday, October 23, 2016

Productive Week

Last Sunday Cameron and I made a goal to do something everyday this week. Normally, we don't leave the apartment until it's time to teach, so I was excited to do something!

I used Monday as a prep day. I planned about 3 weeks worth of lesson plans (which felt amazing). Tuesday, we went ice skating! Since nobody goes ice skating on a Tuesday morning, we got in for 2 euros and had the rink entirely to ourselves. I had so much fun! Granted, it took me a while to get comfortable. But I never fell, so that's good!

On Wednesday, we tried a restaurant we always pass on our way to Town, Viva Kaunas. There's a super awesome view of the houses in Kaunas there so we enjoyed the view until the freezing wind ushered us inside. We ordered pesto pasta, and I wasn't disappointed. 

Across from Akropolis, there's a beautiful park that we've always wanted to explore, so that was our Thursday activity. It was amazing! It was a rainy day which heightened the color of the leaves. The park is somewhat dedicated to WW2 soldiers. Of course, we went to get gelato at Akropolis afterwards. 

Cameron had to finish some work on Friday, so we just relaxed. But it was crazy how fast this week passed! I love Kaunas so much more after making an effort to see it.. Ha! We took Paris and Desteny to Viva Kaunas after school (GNO!).  I think I prefer it for lunch, but we still had fun! Plus I'm a sucker for city lights, so the night view was breathtaking. 

On Saturday Cameron, Kenon, Desteny, and I went to Akropolis in search of Halloween costumes! If you don't know, Lithuania does not celebrate this holiday so we only found a few things but even still they were for kids. Naturally we got gelato as we brain stormed, and eventually got dinner as we further tried to come up with ideas, and then decided on woodland animals! So, I'm going to be a bunny. 

Also, we booked flights to Estonia Saturday night! 

1 comment:

  1. Estonia! On to your next adventure. Good for you to make the most of the city you are living in!

    ReplyDelete