Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Kids, Saturday!

I swear, I really do care about the kids. And they are why I'm here. There isn't much to talk about them though! I mean, there is, but it's probably only interesting for me (and my roommates). But I will talk about them right now because this past week has been great.

Well, the week before last was Teacher Appreciation Week. And guess what! Some of the kids brought us chocolate and flowers. It melted my heart! Two girls drew pictures for us as well. 


Came for Europe, staying for the kids! Even the ones that drive me crazy mean so much to me. They love to give us hugs and say, "Teacher I love you!". I don't think they realize how emotionally attached to them we are. 

Saturday (as in yesterday) was probably my favorite day so far (which is saying something). We had plans to ice skate, but first: food. We finally found Mambo Pizza, which had stellar lasagna and Apple PIE!!! It was spectacular. I already have plans to go back! Ice skating was cash only, so we decided to do that on Tuesday instead. The other girls wanted to shop, and Cameron and I wanted to go on a hike so we split. 
The weather here is superb. On a good day it's about 45 degrees.. So perfect to wear a coat and be comfortable. We decided to walk to the hike, which was only about a mile (probably less). We walked along the river. It was so beautiful! I was happy to see another side of Kaunas that wasn't Old Town or the mall. We took a wrong turn and ended up on an island, which was a fun mistake. 

Cameron

P.S. There was freezing wind blowing my face off

Eventually we found the hike- or should I say staircase?- to the viewpoint that I wanted to see. Oh my goodness, these fall colors are my favorite thing about Kaunas! And the view was breathtaking. It was cool to see everything that we're familiar with and be able to piece it all together. 

Viva Kaunas!







We decided to walk to Old Town. We walked through a tunnel, which had awesome street art. Old Town was a lot more calm now that it's getting cold. I definitely think Old Town is my favorite spot. 









Beautiful, wonderful Sunday! I love this teeny branch, and the missionaries who translate everything. We've run into the sisters on the bus the past few weeks, which is nice! Cameron and I were asked to speak next month. He told us to "listen to the Spirit.. Speak on what we feel would better the branch, and furthermore, the community". Wow! I want to do my best because they treat speaking in church so seriously. 
It's been an awesome week. Every single day is a gift in Lithuania! I love this country, the kids, my roommates, the gospel, everything! What's not to love? It's truly starting to feel like home. I can't believe it's already been two months! 

1 comment:

  1. awwww I love you so much! I'm so happy you are loving it and having so much fun! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete