Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Job Hunting

Now that Taylor is gone, which officially marks the beginning of everyone else's back to school/work, I am prepping to begin my own search... For a job (if you didn't catch that from the title). I thought finding a job during the summer in Moab was hard, but try winter! Haha... ha. It's rough.

Well, there is one place I know is hiring: McDonald's. I've decided to use this as a last result. Like, after literally all other companies have turned me away, I will go to McDonald's. Yes, they are paying $12/hr... But let me tell ya something.

I worked at Burger King my junior year, and although it was not the worst thing I've been through, it is not a place I would skip back into. Unless it was my only option. Which is not yet, so I will keep you updated.

About a week ago, I was willing to work there. I had an application ready to take! But I was standing in line, and looking around at everything... then I turned around, got in my car, and drove away. I couldn't bring myself to do it! So I talked myself into it one more time, forced myself to stay in line, and then presented my job application. The guy at the counter, Pete, shifted into what looked like to be an imitation of Flynn Rider's "Hey. How's it goin? Name's Flynn Rider". It was weird and he was giving me creepy vibes and I had the wrong application so I told him I'd come back tomorrow and left, again.. Except now I'm not sure I can go back.

Ok, I'm awful I know. And obviously I'm not that desperate for a job (yet). I'm going to try my luck with some other jobs. But if worse comes to worst, $12/hr at McD's can't be that bad... Right?

1 comment:

  1. Of course the guy is gonna put on his "Flynn Ryder"-look at you girl!!

    ReplyDelete