Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Few Things

I realized I never told y'all about our Halloween party! Probably because it was mid semester visits and we left for Belgium the next day... But now we're back. SO.

Halloween. Obviously we held it a few days early because we were in Belgium (and yes we've totally talked about how cool it is to be able to casually talk about what country we were in on certain days #sorrynotsorry). Anyways..... It was the craziest day ever!! Really a giant miracle that we all survived.

First of all, I would just like to say that my brain does this funny (actually not funny at all) thing where it shuts down in important moments. Such as, my interview with Jared. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
It went something like this:

Jared: "So, what's your favorite part of the program?"

Me: "I like not getting paid".

My brain:

Me to my brain: You're fired.

Definitely one moment I would like to NEVER relive again. Lucky for me, I cracked some pretty great jokes later so hopefully I don't seem like a complete retard to him. (Or would that make it worse?) Either way- moving on from that awful memory!

I dressed up like a bunny for the kids. And no, I did not get a picture, fur some odd reason. (Get it?! lol). But I can tell you I spent the previous night trying to make bunny ears and it was not the easiest thing I've ever done. And I was quite proud of them.

Well, those ears drew a lot of attention from some of the kids. And one girl stole them off my head and started running around. So I chased her around and I was thinking "Oh, this is fun she's so cute". But then.... She turned around and ripped my ears apart.

OKAY

Not funny anymore. RIP, bunny ears. You were made with love.
No I do not harbor a grudge towards her but I have a pretty good suggestion for Santa of who should be on the naughty list this year.

Haha jk, guys! I'll just show you the pictures and we'll move on.
Not Halloween but so cute!!!

Look at her!!! 

Halloween!
Now for a few other things, such as the weather. We left for Belgium from a cold, but beautiful Kaunas. The leaves were all fall colors, and coming off at a gentle pace. I have proof: 

Ooh, so pretty
We came back a week later and BAM! Snow. Snow everywhere. Snow for dayzzzz. I mean, not complaining. I love the snow. Could've used a warning or something though. Either way, time to bust out the Christmas carols! Just to emphasize, it has snowed 3/4 days we've been back in Kaunas. Maybe it's such a big deal because Moab ain't like that this time of year! 

Really though, I'm pretty much on cloud nine with the weather! 

And real quick: You might be wondering, "Did you vote?". 

Why yes, yes I did (or at least I tried (thanks Dad)). 
And no, I don't want to talk about it.

I will tell you one thing though. The US election is a world wide big deal. We were asked about our opinions in London as well as in Lithuania. Also, Ireland had a billion advertisements about it. I have a friend in Thailand who was actively following the process and sharing it on Facebook. 
Maybe you knew that but I didn't think people cared THAT much. Haha! It does make sense though...

On a side not, anyone got good suggestions for hobbies? Cuz let's be real... I got LOTS of free time. 

Just real quick, I want to testify that there is a plan, and a loving Heavenly Father who created that plan. I know that peace comes from turning to Christ and trusting him. I know He loves me, and you, and everyone- and He cares. When we center our lives on Christ everything else falls into place. I know everything will work out, because that is the promise we've been made. True peace and true joy are found through Christ. This is the most important thing to me. 





1 comment:

  1. Hobbies...hmm...you could do indexing if you have wifi, or work on some family history and gather names for the temple. You could make an account on shutterfly and start making yourself a book about your time in Europe (you don't have to buy it right away). Just set up your account and save it. That's all I got ;)

    ReplyDelete