Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Sunday

Cameron and I spoke in church. I spent the morning freaking out and coming up with worst case scenarios in my head. Usually I'm not too nervous, but I think the fact that I needed a translator was wigging me out.

When it was my turn to speak, I looked the Branch President and he just nodded, so I gulped and got up.

"Good morning, my name is Lindsay, and I don't speak Lithuanian....."

They erupted with laughter and a woman quickly got up to help me. I wondered how they understood my joke, though. The rest of the talk went as planned. There are two new missionaries here, one is a sister who switched from Vilnius. The other is straight out of the MTC! It was weird to have someone our age. He said he's only been here five days, and he can't understand what people are saying. Sounds about right? ;) He bore his testimony and it sounded pretty good as far as I know.

Anyways, I played the piano again in Relief Society. I've concluded that I can easily play the hymns I know, but my sight reading has plummeted (not that it was ever that great).

Today was potentially our last day with this branch. Next week we'll be in Vilnius, then Tallinn, then Copenhagen, and then it will be our last day in Kaunas, so I'm not sure where we'll be at that point! I'm so grateful for this branch and the missionaries. Sister Griffin has been so supportive of me wanting to serve a mission (even if I can't start my papers yet), and it means a lot.

Which reminds me, one of the brothers from the branch gave a talk, and the missionary translating said he was "raining fire" and took a break from translating because he wanted to listen. Ha! We were anxious to know what was going on! I am grateful for the missionaries for translating haha.

One of the sisters beckoned into a back room and had a box full of clothes for us! It was so sweet and I did pick out a few things, because free clothes. Another sister stopped us in the hall and gave us hugs. She had a brother translate for her and she said, "Hugs because you don't have family here". They are the kindest people!


No comments:

Post a Comment