Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Meet the Neighbors

If you haven't seen the YouTube video "Everyone's Upstairs Neighbors", I highly suggest you go watch it. Because let me tell you something:

They perfectly describe our neighbors.

Between the horrible sound mufflers and just really loud people we have learned quite a lot about them, just through sounds. So! Meet my upstairs neighbors.

Mr. and Mrs. have two children. A little boy, and a baby. Baby seems to be able to walk around a little bit but still cries like a newborn at night. Mr. and Mrs. sleep directly above my room, with Baby. Little boy likes to play Jingle Bells on their electric piano (this has been going on since September). Sometimes Mrs. likes to play Fur Elise (which makes me long to play piano again).

Mr. and Mrs. seem to have some issues, lots of yelling. Mr. sometimes likes to... sing? Mrs. is currently getting ready for her debut with "Telephone" by Lady GaGa. Little boy has a skateboard, likes to ride around at about 8 in the morning. After 8:00, everyone leaves for school or work.

They only do their wash at night. Mrs. might be sick... Lots of coughing. They like to have guests over on Friday nights. They can sing in English but speak in Lithuanian.

Most of the time, they're not so terrible. It's one of the quirks that I love about this apartment. It's easy to look past it when I consider that we're probably the equivalent to them for our downstairs neighbors. Either way, it just might be something I miss when I go home...

Also, we went to Vilnius this past weekend! The Vilnius girls showed us around a little. They were so sweet and I wish we had met up with them sooner!
St. Anne's Cathedral



Creds: Laurra (Vilnius HT)
Vilnius Christmas market!



Christmas has begun!!!
 Also, my sweet roommate Desteny turned 21, and her mom sent decorations to celebrate! Paris made cupcakes and we had a little party. Like our little Christmas tree? That is also courtesy of Desteny's mom. :)



It snowed! 


Julija stole my phone :)

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay you are so cute! I guess I didn't realize you had a separate trip to Vilnius, let alone Estonia. Loved hearing about your upstairs Mr. & Mrs.

    ReplyDelete