Friday, September 23, 2016

Chef Lindsay & Casually traveling Europe

I've never been one to cook.. I could follow most recipes but I was never a fan. When I started living with roommates, we agreed that everyone taking a night to cook was fair. My day is Tuesday, and somehow I avoided making dinner the first two weeks. Eventually, however, I knew I would have to face it. This past week, I looked at all of the food we have, realized that none of my recipes would work, and horror struck with the fact that I would have to wing it. (!!!!!!!!)
Ok but turns out, it was way easier than I thought. Of course, the meal was really simple. I just threw some potatoes and bacon in a pan and fried it, boiled broccoli, and made garlic bread. Perhaps amateur, but my roommates liked it so I'm counting it as a success.

My other topic: Reality check! I was looking up flights for Amsterdam, and I just had this lightbulb moment of how awesome my life is right now. All the time my roommates and I are like, "Woah. We're living in EUROPE right now!". Just casually booking an $80 flight to Amsterdam. Casually going on a weekend trip to Poland. Eating my weight in chocolate and croissants (not really though... yet). Going to London and Dublin next week. No big deal when you live in Europe!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is soooo awesome!! I'm glad you're living you're dream! Takes lots and lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you are happy! And way to improvise when it comes to cooking! How was Poland? I saw your stories on Instagram...love it.

    ReplyDelete