Sunday, September 18, 2016

One Month Down!!

I didn't even realize that I didn't post this week. Whoops!

I think this might've been the hardest week so far. Not that it was in the extreme, but it wasn't a party. I got a little sick on Wednesday, and that's when I got homesick. I was laying on the couch, trying to be optimistic about the situation, but all I wanted was for my mom to walk in, stroke my hair, and feel my forehead like she always does... *sigh* There's only one good place to get sick, and that's when Mom's there to baby you. But alas! It left quite easily (I figured out a big portion of the problem was coming from some stupid vitamins I was taking).

I realize that my opinion of the kids relies 99% on how I'm going to handle their craziness. This week I didn't really have the energy to fight for their attention and lost my patience a few times. Most of the time I would stare at the misbehaving child until they looked at me, and then slowly, quietly, raise my finger to my lips and "shhh..please". Ha! It worked most of the time. Some of the students noticed something was wrong though; they kept asking, "Why are you so sad?". I'd just tell them I wasn't sad, I was tired. Usually I'm super perky. In fact some of the kids like to tell me, "Teacher Lindsay, you crazy!".

One day, I was walking to the school and all I wanted was an apple or an orange. We walked into the building and Rasa turns around, hands Cameron a bag and says, "Apples for you". What?! Yes!!! Miracle of the week!

Also, one day Kornelijus (one of the students.. PS their "j" is pronounced as y so it's really Korneliyus) kept rocking forward and backward in his chair. I was trying to get him to stop when he rocked back too far. His eyes grew wide and he frantically reached for the desk but alas, it was too late. He hit the floor and then sheepishly curled into the fetus position. I was trying so hard not to laugh! Evil teacher Lindsay! His face was priceless though.. And I couldn't help but think that he had it coming.

I swear, the temperature has been dropping significantly every day. And the sun goes down noticeably sooner each day. So yesterday, we went to Akropolis and I bought my winter coat! It is super cute, complete with a fur hood. I also bought a thicker jacket because mine is a little too thin for this weather. We got some gelato (how could we not?) and went home. Everything was fine and dandy, I took my coat out of the bag, tried it on again, flipped the hood- and something smacked my forehead. Huh? I looked, only to find... One of those stupid plastic things they're supposed to take off in the store! Noooooo! I have the worst luck with these! At least this time I don't live 3 hours away.

WHY?!
Church was super awesome! I am loving this cold weather so much. Granted, it's not that cold, but to Moab it would feel like mid-October and I love it so much. I'm still so grateful for the missionaries who translate. I played piano for relief society! I mean, I just played right hand because I don't know how to play the two hymns we sang, but I was so happy I got to play anyways.

It's crazy to me that it's been a month! Time is going by so fast and I'm trying not to let it slip through my fingers. We laugh here because America really does sound so foreign! Sometimes it's like, "Wow, we're going to America at the end of this!". Haha there is nothing like home. Or the food at home. We can't find any ground beef, only ground chicken! It's not bad, just different. I've definitely made a list of food that I am going to eat when I get back. But most of the time I don't like to think about going home, so enough of that. I've decided that I'm going to pack as much chocolate from here that I can because I'm not even sure Hershey's knows what chocolate is. Haha but really, this chocolate is amazing!
Beautiful foggy mornings

Get used to this cutie pie! 

Gelato!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, your picture with the plastic thingie KILLS me! I come look at your blog all the time so I can just stare at that picture! Also, we need another planned FaceTime!

    ReplyDelete