Sunday, September 11, 2016

Spiritual Thanksgiving

We were finally able to go to church yesterday and I was so excited! I couldn't sleep past 7:00 so I got up. They had asked us to speak about 3 weeks ago, so I figured they had asked somebody else, but just in case, I had a mini talk as a plan. I wrote about prayer, because that has become very important to me. We had no problems (again, say whaaat) getting to church, and we were not expected to talk, which was kinda nice. The guy who did speak, his topic was receiving answers to our prayers! It was crazy to me that I had prepared a talk about prayer, but then had a bunch of questions that were answered by the talk given at church. 

I'm so grateful for the missionaries. They translate so well (even if sometimes they whisper into the headset that they don't know how to translate it, they got it about 90%). Church would almost be hard to go to without them, because we cannot understand Lithuanian to save our lives! There are even sister missionaries here, and they are so nice! Sunday school and relief society are that much better when you can understand what's going on... ha! Also, turns out they are lacking in piano players, so maybe I will get a chance to play here. We'll see! 

Luckily, the ward clerk speaks a good amount of English, so Cameron and I were able to transfer our records! In a missionary-prep way, Cameron is pretty much my companion. She was so patient, enthusiastic, and encouraging and I love her! When the clerk (I can't remember his name let alone spell it) wrote down my name, he spelled it wrong but I figured it wasn't a big deal, plus I wanted to catch the bus. So we walked outside, but I just had a really anxious feeling. Not only about the records, but also because I wanted to talk to the branch president and I didn't want to wait until next week. I kind of mentioned it to Cameron, and she just said, "Let's go back!". She wasn't even mad! I was so grateful. Turns out that spelling is key when you're transferring records (duh... *face palm*) so we fixed that and then I met with the president (whose name I don't even know) and the clerk translated for us. It was a super awesome experience and I definitely did not feel anxious leaving the second time.

I love Sundays, and the gospel, and church, and missionaries, and let's just say yesterday was so great!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh good job Linz! My little sis is growing up! *tear in eye*

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sunday...that day that is better than all the rest" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's super cool reading another ILP blog! I'm in Russia and it's also super amazing! I was pretty psyched to see you went to Paris and didn't think it was overrated (my whole group says they hear it's overrated, their sources are so wrong). Anyway, cool stories!
    -Tyf (misstyf.wordpress.com, if you wanna hear about the crazy russians;))

    ReplyDelete