Monday, December 12, 2016

My Last Week?!?!

No no no no no no no no no this day came TOO SOON! I'm not ready to face reality... or in other words I'm not ready to say goodbye to the kids. Or Kaunas. Or my roommates.

But speaking of the kids, I'll just talk about them and how much I love their faces.
And also we're suspicious that only one student can't be mentioned, so you get to put names to faces. Yay!!

I'll just mention of few of my favorites.

Ha! Jk they're all my favorites. But here are some highlights!


This little girl (pictured above) is Karina. She has days when she's super shy, but lately she demands to be picked up and swung around like crazy. When I do this she giggles hysterically and it melts my heart! Sometimes I let her sit on my lap and she give me hugs and kisses. She just has the brightest smile and cutest face. 

The girl playing guitar is Julija (remember j's are pronounced as y's so really it sounds like Yuliya). She's our oldest student. Everyday she pops her head in our classroom and says hello. She is so smart and sweet! Her English is practically fluent, and she likes to translate for us when Rasa comes in and talks to the kids. The girl in the purple jacket is Migle (Mig-lay). Everyday she would say, "Teacher what are we doing today?" and always respond with "Ugh that's boring". But really she's fun to have around. 
A few weeks ago, we were devastated to find out that Migle was hit by a car crossing the street. She's very lucky and only broke her pelvis, but that means she's in the hospital for a month at least. We wish we could see her again but I don't think we will. 


Aristeja (Arist-ai-ya).... Disclaimer: I did not take this photo. She doesn't smile for me. Ha! She has some serious mood swings. For a while we had a good relationship going... But that burned a while ago. Whether she hates me or not, I still love this girl to death! Sometimes I can make her laugh and those adorable dimples will appear, but most of the time she likes to express her feelings by flipping the bird. (lol?)

 I've decided if I try to tell you everything right now it'll be too long and you won't want to read the whole thing. So guess what? You get daily updates this week! Stay tuned... I love these kids. And I have lots of pictures/stories.



















No comments:

Post a Comment