Tuesday, August 16, 2016

On My Way!!!

I'm currently on my way to Brussels! We're about halfway... Kinda. I'd say two fifth's, but that's just getting crazy with my fractions! Haha my first flight was great; besides it being incredibly cramped. But that's ok! It was only three hours and the couple next to me were nice and quiet.. But maybe that's because they're french lol. Our layover in Chicago was short and sweet. The size difference between the first airplane and the one I'm on now is crazy! There's so much more room and the seats are 3x more comfortable. I'm not sure I'll get much sleep though. Part of that because I can't sleep sitting up and the other part because my body doesn't think it's really night!

I think I was really nervous this morning because I didn't eat until dinner time! As soon as I boarded the second flight, I realized how starving I was. Luckily, the lasagna dinner was actually pretty good- AND I ate the salad (bowing to Mom). We hit a ton of turbulence right after dinner, which was right after I chugged a can of apple juice and a cup of water just so I could throw away the trash. BIG MISTAKE. We were in turbulence for half an hour, and as soon as the seat belt sign turned off, the population of New York City got up to use the bathroom. (Ok, maybe not THAT much haha.. But it felt like it). Eventually I made it to the porcelain throne, except in this case it's the steel throne. Anyways, We have about 3:45 until Brussels, and then we are going to explore during our loooong layover!

Also, I bought a travel pillow in Salt Lake and hooked it to my backpack. Unfortunately the aisle in the first plane was ridiculously narrow, so as I was turning back and forth trying to find a compartment for my carry on, I was slapping this guy in the face with my pillow. Finally, this guy behind me (who was laughing beyond politeness) alerted me. I turned and apologized, but the guy just stared at me like I was holding his children hostage or something. Geez! But I'm actually trying not to laugh as I think back on it.

Next stop, Europe! I can't wait for the slap in the face they call "culture shock". ;) Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lindsay!! You're alive!!! I couldn't fall asleep because I was thinking of you! Thanks for the update! Love you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you for posting! I've been dying wondering how you are. Love you and miss you already!!

    ReplyDelete