Monday, August 22, 2016

Teaching... dun dun dunnnnn

The much feared day of teaching has come and gone... And I am a survivor. This morning I was really getting nervous, even though Paris had said a lot of things that calmed me down. As we were walking to the school, I thought to myself, "Well, if worse comes to worst, I'll just keel over and die". Ha! Sometimes I am dramatically dramatic but it cracks me up.

Anyways, my lesson was super simple which was good because I was pretty scatterbrained. The kids were as expected: some were sweet, some were terrified, and some were demons sent from Satan himself. Ok, they weren't THAT bad.... But I'm preparing for war. ;) 

Some of the kids called me Teacher Sally, which doesn't even rhyme with Lindsay! Sheesh, these kids. But then again, their names are so different I don't blame them. 

My lesson was a game, "Cat and Mouse", and the cat was a paper bowl that the kids used to catch the mice, which were little cotton balls. The cat started as a bowl... And now it looks like a plate. Seriously, these kids got energy. 

I'll let you know how teaching is as time goes on! Lithuania schedules around the months, so we won't have full classes until September. I'm glad that I'm actually doing what I came here to do now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay, I just finished reading your Blog which was very interesting and informative. Thanks for sharing it with me. Congrats on getting through your first day of teaching. You are going to be a great teacher. We love you and are excited about all the things you are going to do and see while in Europe. What a wonderful opportunity and growing experience. We pray for you daily. Love Grandpa Heilesen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need pictures of you with your kiddos! ;)

    ReplyDelete