Sunday, August 21, 2016

Yay for Mama Rasa and Church!

Yesterday, we finally met Rasa! She is so funny. We introduced ourselves, and she seemed surprised that there are five of us instead four. Then she murmured something about Dima never telling her anything. She let us ask our questions for her and then every time she was done answering one she would say, "Next question". I don't know why but we got a kick out of it. It was a quick visit but it is so nice to know that Rasa is real. ;)

We also went to church today! We've had some issues with the bus system (i.e. missing it or getting on the wrong one), but today was the day that we had practically no problems! Thank goodness for the last group that left super terrific instructions. As soon as we entered the church building, the missionaries greeted us and it was so nice to hear American's! And the branch was so welcoming, and we got translators, and just everything about church today was oh so sweet. Getting home, we left the church and started walking the wrong way, then turned around and saw our bus at the stop. At first we were like, "Oh well, we'll catch the next one", but then I thought, maybe if we run they'll wait! So I yelled that to my group and took off. They did wait! At the next stop, we were sitting there for a while, and then I started thinking we were going to go the wrong way if we got on this side of the street, so I stood up and Kenon was on the same page. As soon as we got to the crosswalk, we turned and saw our bus coming down the street! We caught it and I feel super blessed that we didn't have any bus problems today.

3 comments:

  1. It is weird to hear you talk about what is the future for me. What I mean is, you are talking about your church experience and I have just woken up and haven't even gotten dressed for church yet! So glad you are figuring out the whole bus thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you! In Mexico, buses would sometimes wait, but not always. (At least I could speak Spanish to them though, you poor thing!) Otherwise, they were super violent drivers. One bus driver hit a sign with his side mirror and didn't bat an eye! Agh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsay always good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete